Of New Dreams and Excitements

It has been more than a while, hasn't it? Well, it feels like I was frozen in time or just moving too fast alongside the ticking hands of the clock. I have been pretty much wanting to blog again, although now it's more walk and less talk. Twittering doesn't help much either. Besides, I'm doing this for myself now. Hooray. I will blog what I want to, when I want to and about anyone that I want to. Yes, gossips included! Lol. Recently I have been having a great time planning my future, although it seems like lightyears away from me. I can't help it.

I remembered the first time I went to Perth, Australia. I did not know exactly what to expect. I was young, 7 years old to be precise. I remembered waking up from a short nap on the way to the airport and asked my mum, "Are we there yet?", and my sisters just went like, "We have arrived in Perth, Apit! We are here!!" while I was stealing a glance from the outside. "This is not Australia,", I muttered. Somehow I knew Australia was supposed to be awesome, much more beautiful than the view from the car window. And not forgetting that it's supposed to be freaking cold!

Looking back at my childhood, I was very blessed. I have a very loving family who loves me very much. I've been to Perth with my awesome family for four times. Hell, I could still vaguely remember that none of my friends at that time have ever been to the overseas before. I was blessed. I have seen the beautiful Perth Australia even before anyone from my class did. It was breathtaking. I remember as soon as the automatic door opened, the chilly cold air swept in like nobody's business. It was refreshing. Out of this world experience. Well laugh all you want. What seems usual to you might seem awesome to me. I can't help it. I'm indeed a very excitable person.

As my time here in Limkokwing drew closer to the end, I'm starting to realize that I need to start thinking of my next step, my future, my destiny, my unknown. For sure, I have given up a lot of times in my life on the mere idea of studying overseas. My life was all about playing safe. My dreams seem pretty much impossible and out of reach. Financially. All I know is that I don't need a freaking tourist visa. What for? I am not longing to be a tourist. I do not want to go to a foreign country just for the sake of sightseeing. No. That's not for me.

I long to live there. Be it as a student or a worker. I don't care. I don't mind. As long as I'm there, looking at the vast plains of unfamiliarity. Yes, I long to be an alien. Yes, I do. I'll let my dreams abduct me right here, right now in this familiar world bring me to an unknown place. To unknown sights. To undiscovered treasures. There's no reason why I couldn't. I am 21. I could do whatever I want from now on. I'm free. It's time for me to take hold of the pen and write my own journey.


One response to “Of New Dreams and Excitements

  1. Anonymous

    (blogwalking and hey I like yours) Good to read how you've big dreams. So do I, I suppose. You are free to do as you wish. So am I. ;)

Leave a Reply

Followers

Pages

Shafeeq Hisyam - Find me on Bloggers.com